Paintings by Barry Van Dusen
For most of us, the worldwide pandemic forced us to ‘hit the pause button’ on our busy lives. Many of us turned to Nature as a re-assuring and revitalizing space – a place to destress and lighten the mental fatigue.
During the pandemic, I made a habit of regular walks from my studio in Princeton, Massachusetts. These walks were my lifeline to the natural world. They invariably lifted my spirits and left me re-invigorated and inspired. All the paintings you see are based on subjects within five miles of my studio.
In 2015, I began a five year residency project with Mass Audubon, traveling the state and producing artwork at all of Mass Audubon’s sanctuaries and nature centers. The paintings demonstrate that wherever you live in Massachusetts, your “Nature Fix” is not far away!
Barry W. Van Dusen is an internationally recognized wildlife artist living in central Massachusetts. He has illustrated many publications for the Massachusetts Audubon Society, and his bird illustrations have appeared in books published by the American Birding Association, HarperCollins, Princeton University Press and Cornell University (Comstock).
In 2014, Barry was named Master Artist at the annual BIRDS IN ART show (Wausau, Wisconsin) - an award which recognizes artists who have shown “outstanding achievement in using bird imagery in their artwork”. In the last decade, Barry has been Artist-in-Residence at several museums and botanic gardens around New England. His book FINDING SANCTUARY was published in 2020.
The following items are for sale online, and at Fruitlands Museum Store, or by direct inquiry to Harriet Friedrich - firstname.lastname@example.org.
FRAMED ORIGINALS - PLEASE NOTE THAT FRAMED ART CANNOT BE SHIPPED!
All pictures in this group were painted within five miles of the artist’s studio during the Covid-19 pandemic. All are the same size – FRAMED: 15” x 17”
1. Female Bluebird (April 2020) $300.00
2. Coltsfoot (April 2020) $385.00
3. Yellow-rumped Warbler and Poison Ivy (October 2020) $400.00
4. Red-headed Woodpecker with Acorn (December 2020) $350.00
5. Barn Swallow on Nest, Dartmouth (16.5” x 19”) $425.00
6. Calico Pennants, Fitchburg (17.5” x 20.25”) $550.00
- Swallows Over Barnstable Great Marsh, Barnstable (17.25” x 20.25”) $500.00
8. Atlantic White Cedar Forest, Barnstable (22.5” x 19”) $650.00
Returns: All sales are final.
A Note About Pick-Up Orders:
- Orders placed during business hours: Your order will typically be ready for pick-up within 2 hours. (Ex: Place your order at 10AM Tues, order is ready at 12PM Tues.)
- Orders placed after business hours: Your order will typically be ready within 2 hours of business hours resuming. (Ex: Place your order on Sunday night, your order will be ready by 12PM Monday.)