Why Juneteenth ?
A portmanteau of “June” and “nineteenth,” Juneteenth marks the day in 1865 when a group of enslaved people in Galveston, Texas, finally learned that they were free from the institution of slavery. But, woefully, this was almost two-and-a-half years after President Abraham Lincoln signed the Emancipation Proclamation. As much as Juneteenth represents freedom, it also represents how emancipation was tragically delayed for enslaved people in the deepest reaches of the Confederacy.
On June 17, 2021, President Biden signed into law making “Juneteenth” a federal holiday.
So You Want to Learn About Juneteenth?
Are your Kids ready to celebrate a great day in American history? The day her ancestors were no longer slaves.
This book will help your child easily remember this important holiday and the history associated with it because in this book you will find:
- A short history of Juneteenth
- A place for your reflections
- Questions about Juneteenth
- Text to be completed
- Word search
- Color page
- Free Response Pages
- Answer Key
We currently offer 2 ways to shop with The Trustees online:
1. Order online & shipped to you: Select "Ship" as the delivery method at checkout. All orders are sent via USPS Priority Mail and you will receive an email with tracking information as soon as your order ships. Please Note: This is the only way to order items from multiple properties.
2. Order online & pick-up in-person: Select "Pick-Up" as the delivery method at checkout. Your order will be ready for pick-up at the location listed. You will receive an email or text when your order is ready for pick-up. Please Note: If you have multiple items from multiple properties, you will not be able to select "Pick-Up".