Paintings by Barry Van Dusen
Original UNFRAMED - U.S. SHIPPING ONLY!
For most of us, the worldwide pandemic forced us to ‘hit the pause button’ on our busy lives. Many of us turned to Nature as a re-assuring and revitalizing space – a place to destress and lighten the mental fatigue.
During the pandemic, Barry made a habit of regular walks from his studio in Princeton, Massachusetts. These walks were his lifeline to the natural world. They invariably lifted his spirits and left him re-invigorated and inspired. All the paintings you see here are based on subjects within five miles of his studio.
The pictures in this group were painted within five miles of the artist’s studio during the Covid-19 pandemic. All are the same size, UNFRAMED: 8.25” x 10.5”
The following items are for sale online, and at Fruitlands Museum Store, or by direct inquiry to Harriet Friedrich - email@example.com.
1. Scarlet Tanager (June 2020) $285.00
2. White-breasted Nuthatch I (November 2020) $275.00
3. Willow Flycatcher $250.00
4. Yellow-rumped Warbler in Autumn I (October 2020) $300.00
Barry W. Van Dusen is an internationally recognized wildlife artist living in central Massachusetts. He has illustrated many publications for the Massachusetts Audubon Society, and his bird illustrations have appeared in books published by the American Birding Association, HarperCollins, Princeton University Press and Cornell University (Comstock).
In 2014, Barry was named Master Artist at the annual BIRDS IN ART show (Wausau, Wisconsin) - an award which recognizes artists who have shown “outstanding achievement in using bird imagery in their artwork”. In the last decade, Barry has been Artist-in-Residence at several museums and botanic gardens around New England. His book FINDING SANCTUARY was published in 2020.
Returns: All sales are final.
A Note About Pick-Up Orders:
- Orders placed during business hours: Your order will typically be ready for pick-up within 2 hours. (Ex: Place your order at 10AM Tues, order is ready at 12PM Tues.)
- Orders placed after business hours: Your order will typically be ready within 2 hours of business hours resuming. (Ex: Place your order on Sunday night, your order will be ready by 12PM Monday.)